Maimonides Medical Center, located in Brooklyn, New York, is seeking to fill a PGY-3 Categorical resident position in General Surgery beginning July 1, 2020.
To be eligible for this PGY-3 position, the applicant must be currently enrolled in an ACGME accredited General Surgery program and will have successfully completed a PGY-1 and PGY 2 year of general surgery training by June 30, 2020. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. We also sponsor H1B or J1 visa if necessary- we require your Step III be taken to ensure your visa be issued in time for a July 1st start date.
How To Apply:
Your application must include ALL of the following information:
- Letter of recommendation from your current Program Director
- Two additional letters of recommendation from faculty surgeons
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- ABSITE score reports from all years of training
- USLME scores (Step I, II and III); first attempt passing on all exams required
- Medical school transcript, Dean’s letter, diploma and, if applicable, ECFMG certificate
- ACGME Case Logs (defined category report format); must be up to date and signed by PD
- List of rotation schedules for each year
- Documentation of ACLS, BLS, ATLS, PALS and, if completed, FLS and FES certification
- Copies of all mid-year and summative evaluations by Program Director; including recent Surgery Milestones evaluation Applications are only being taken electronically.
NO FAXES OR PHONE CALL, please. To apply, please send your complete application via email.