The Body MRI fellow will be exposed to a large volume of body MRI cases including:
- MRI of the chest, abdomen, and pelvis
- MRA of the chest, abdomen, pelvis, lower extremities, and upper extremities
- Dynamic pelvic imaging to assess for pelvic floor instability
- Dynamic lung imaging to evaluate pulmonary biomechanics and to assess for chronic interstitial lung disease
- Functional imaging of the pancreas
- MRI urography
- Whole body MRI to evaluate patients with prostate cancer and multiple myeloma
Throughout the year, fellows frequently interact with other medical services and are actively involved in several multidisciplinary conferences which include hepatobiliary, colorectal, urology, gynecology, and nephrology. Frequently, these discussions focus on the newest techniques and approaches to treatment.
For more information about the program, kindly visit https://medicalimaging.medicin...
- The Fellow Candidate must be eligible to obtain Arizona Medical License prior to the start of the program.
- To be eligible for acceptance, applicants must possess an MD or DO degree and have satisfactorily completed a diagnostic radiology residency training program accredited by the ACGME or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC).
For applicants that originate from a non-ACGME-accredited residency, please note the following requirements and items that will need to accompany your application as outlined by the ACGME under Section III.
How To Apply:
Candidates should send the following documents to Ina Rios
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- University of Arizona, Department of Medical Imaging, Fellowship Application
- Medical School Transcripts or Dean’s Letter
- 3 letters of recommendation
- USMLE Scores (Steps I, II, IICS, III)
- Visa Status, if applicable
- ECFMG Certificate, if applicable
Point of Contact: Ina Mae Rios
Program Coordinator: Body MRI Fellowship
Banner University Medical Center - Tucson
Department of Medical Imaging
1501 N. Campbell Ave.
PO Box 245067
Tucson, AZ 85724-5067
Tel: (520) 626-3587