Thank you for your interest in our program! Loyola Medicine is now accepting applications for a one year ACGME-accredited fellowship in geriatric psychiatry with one position available for each academic year.
Our fellowship aims to train the next generation of clinicians, educators, experts and leaders in the field of geriatric psychiatry. Fellows learn to provide competent and compassionate care to a growing older adult population.
They become skilled in the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of psychiatric disorders in this age group using multiple therapeutic modalities including pharmacotherapy, psychotherapy and psychosocial and community based interventions.
For more information about the program, kindly visit https://www.loyolamedicine.org...
- Qualified applicants must have satisfactorily completed four years of an ACGME-accredited residency in general psychiatry prior to entering the program.
- Applicants must have or be eligible to obtain an unrestricted permanent medical license in the State of Illinois by the April preceding a July 1st fellowship start-date each year.
- For international medical graduates, a valid ECFMG certificate is required.
How To Apply:
To apply, please submit the following information:
- Loyola Medicine Application
- Hines VA Application
- Signed Loyola Medicine Consent and Release Form to our current Program Director
- Current 2" x 3" Photograph
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement describing the development and current direction of your interest in geriatric psychiatry and your career goals
- Training verification:
- If residency has been completed, a copy of the Final Note to File and a copy of the residency diploma
- If residency is ongoing, a letter from the current Program Director stating that applicant has completed (or will complete) all pre-requisites and rotation requirements to be able to sit in general psychiatry boards, including three clinical skills examinations. Letter should also summarize other competencies that applicant has successfully completed/remediated within his/her training program (information on preCert ABPN)
- Three professional letters of recommendation, including one from current residency program director (if applicable)
- USMLE Score Report (Step 1-3) and/or COMLEX Score Report (Levels 1-3)
- Copy of medical school transcript
- Copy of state medical license
- Copy of ECFMG certificate (if applicable; include test scores, if applicable)
- Copy of current work authorization if not a US citizen
Gauri Khatkhate, MD
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 708-202-8387 (ext. 24285)
Email: [email protected]