The HCA Healthcare/USF Morsani College of Medicine GME: Brandon Regional Hospital General Surgery Program is recruiting an upcoming PGY4 general surgery resident set to start July 1, 2020.
PGY 4 Job Description:
- Established and increasing knowledge base while incorporating clinical, social-behavioral, biomedical, and epidemiological sciences as well as applying this knowledge to patient care.
- Provide patient care that is compassionate and efficient while considering promotion of health and treatment.
- Demonstrate the ability to exercise life-long learning with the desire to research and assimilate evidence to foster continued patient care initiatives.
- Exercise effective interpersonal and communication skills that impart clear delivery of care and information in collaboration with patients, their families, health professionals, and other physicians.
- Establish commitment to the practice of medicine with the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Attention to and application of the larger context and system of health care, as well as the ability to engage in other resources to provide the highest standard of care.
- Participate in the education of patients, families, students, residents, and other health professionals.
Applicants must have completed or be scheduled to complete a PGY3 in general surgery year in good standing by July 30, 2020
How To Apply:
Your application should be a single PDF containing:
- CV (explain breaks in training)
- Summative competency-based evaluation
- Personal Statement
- 3 current Letters of Recommendation (1 from current Program Director)
- Medical School Diploma
- Medical School Transcript
- MSPE (Dean’s Letter)
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
- USMLE/COMLEX Transcript (Passed on first attempt)
- ABSITE Scores from PGY1, 2 and 3
- Current Life Support certifications (BLS, ACLS, PALS, ATLS)
- FLS and FES Certification (or pending certification due to COVID-19 reasons)
- ACGME Defined Category Case Report
- Medial License
- Proof of Citizenship/Visa/Immigration status
Please send your application to the program coordinator, Evan Marmerstein ([email protected]).