Spectrum Health/Michigan State University Spectrum Health, located in Grand Rapids MI, is seeking to fill a PGY-2 Categorical resident position in General Surgery beginning July 1, 2020.
To be eligible for this PGY-2 position, the applicant must be currently enrolled in an ACGME accredited General Surgery program and will have successfully completed a PGY-1 year of general surgery training by June 30, 2020.
How To Apply:
Applicants should submit, via e-mail, their contact information along with the following information to Karie Hilley, Program Coordinator via email ONLY at [email protected]:
- Current CV including a photograph
- Three (3) letters of recommendation: a. One letter from the current or most recent program director. b. For residents involved in a residency program, the program director must give the resident permission to interview for the position.
- Milestones evaluations
- ABSITE scores for each year involved in a surgical residency program
- ACGME Defined Category Report
- USMLE or COMLEX Scores: a. Step 1 – 2 scores, Step 3 if already completed. b. Must have passed each on the 1st attempt. c. Step 1 minimum = 230 for USMLE, 600 for COMLEX. d. Step 2 minimum = 240
- Medical School Diploma: Must have graduated from medical school no earlier than 2018. Must not have repeated any year of medical school
- For foreign applicants: a. A copy of the ECFMG certification. b. A J-1 visa. ONLY
- Letter describing the reason you wish to join our program.
Only completed applications will be considered. No phone calls from applicants will be accepted. Material received by fax will not be reviewed. Uninvited visitors will not be seen. DO NOT APPLY if all the above criteria is not met, applications will not be reviewed.