Howard University Hospital Department of General Surgery located in Washington, DC has an opening beginning July 1, 2020 for a PGY-II Preliminary Residency Position.
Qualified applicants must have:
- Graduated from an accredited medical school in good standing (letter proof to be attached to application)
- Completed at least one year of residency in an ACGME accredited program.
- There is no time limit to your graduation date from a program; although you must account for all your time since graduation on your CV.
- No part of your application documents, process, or scores may be substituted.
- Foreign Medical Graduates must have a valid ECFMG certificate.
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates must submit required documentation by Friday, May 1, 2020 to be considered for this vacancy. Qualified applicants will be contacted via email (ONLY). Please DO NOT call, visit or fax as you will be DISQUALIFIED from the applicant pool).
A single PDF file must contain listed documentation in numerical order: no multi-attachments. Emails containing multiple attachments will be rejected.
- Subject Line: HUH 2020 PGY-II Preliminary Position: Resident Name
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- ERAS application
- USMLE scores (Step I, II, and III), 230 ≥ on First Attempt for all Steps
- ABSITE scores (all training years in a Program), 30% ≥
- Three current Letter of Recommendations, (one must be from current Program Director)
- Letter of Good Standing must include current training program information: start date, anticipated end date, current status within program, & statement of good standing
- Medical School transcript, Diploma, and Dean's letter (LCME approved Medical School)
- Letter of Graduation from Medical School in Good Standing
- ACGME Case Logs and Defined Category Report
- Annual Competency-based Summative Evaluations(s) from Program Director (all training years)
- Detailed list of previously completed rotations (all training years)
- ECFMG certificate (if applicable). Note: We no longer sponsors H1-B visas
- Current ACLS, BLS, ATLS & PALS certifications
- Verification of current FLU Vaccination
- Proof of NPI Number
- Proof of any Medical Licensure