The General Surgery Residency Program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC, has an available position for a Preliminary PGY-2 to start on June 24, 2020.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete PGY-1 year by late June 2020 and have been in good standing at completion of PGY-1 year from an ACGME-accredited training program.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Medical School Diploma
- Medical School Transcript / Dean’s Letter
- USMLE Scores, Steps 1, 2 and 3 (all passed on first attempt)
- ABSITE Reports
- Defined Category and Resident Operative Report by Year
- Annual Competency-Based Summative Evaluation for All Years of Training
- ACGME Milestones Reports for all completed years and to-date report for current year (if still in training)
- List of Completed Rotations for All Years of Training
- ACLS/BLS, ATLS, FLS and FES (if completed) Certificates
- Three Current Letters of Recommendation including the Program Director of the most recent or current program and two letters of reference from members of the medical staff of the hospital affiliated with the residency program from which the applicant has most recently served.
- Non-US Graduates must have Valid ECFMG Certification – J-1 Visa Status Only – No Exceptions.
Applications are only being taken electronically in .pdf format. No faxes or phone calls please. To apply, please send your complete application via electronic email to our coordinator Kathie Patterson at [email protected] The email subject line should read PGY-2 application. The deadline for receipt of all materials is Monday, April 20, 2020 but applications will be reviewed as they are received and we may fill the position prior to that date.