NYU Winthrop Hospital, located in Mineola, New York, is seeking to fill a PGY-2 Preliminary resident position in General Surgery beginning July 1, 2020.
To be eligible for this PGY-2 position, the applicant must be currently enrolled in an ACGME accredited General Surgery program and will have successfully completed a PGY-1 year of general surgery training by June 30, 2020
How To Apply:
Applicants should submit, via e-mail, their contact information along with the following in separate pdf format:
- Current CV including a photograph
- Three (3) letters of recommendation: a. One letter from the current or most recent program director. b. For residents involved in a residency program, the program director must give the resident permission to interview for the position
- Milestones evaluations
- ABSITE scores for each year involved in a surgical residency program
- ACGME Defined Category Report
- USMLE or COMLEX Scores: a. Step 1 – 3 scores. b. Must have passed each on the 1st attempt. c. Step 1 minimum = 210 for USMLE, 600 for COMLEX. d. Step 2 minimum = 220
- Medical School Diploma
- Medical School transcript: a. Must have graduated from medical school no earlier than 2014. b. Must not have repeated any year of medical school
- MSPE (Medical School Performance Evaluation)
- For foreign applicants: a. A copy of the ECFMG certification. b. Evidence of a current and valid English qualifying examination. c. A J-1 visa. (the institution does not sponsor H-1B visa candidates)
- Letter describing the reason you wish to join our program
Only completed applications will be considered. No phone calls from applicants will be accepted. Material received by fax will not be reviewed. Uninvited visitors will not be seen.
Click apply button to proceed with application.