The Division of General Internal Medicine offers Fellowship Training through the Veterans Administration Quality Scholars Fellowship (VAQS). The VAQS is a two-year, non-accredited interprofessional program to develop leaders, researchers, and educators in health care improvement, patient safety, and health services research.
The VAQS fellowship seeks outstanding physicians from all of the eligible boards, nurses, pharmacists, and psychologists interested in academically and clinically rigorous training focused on continuous improvement in health care, health professions education, and health care delivery.
For more information about the program, kindly visithttps://gme.medicine.uiowa.edu...
Qualifications for candidates include
- an MD degree (or equivalent),
- completion or expected completion of three years of residency training in Internal Medicine, with Board Eligibility or Certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine, by the initiation of General Medicine Fellowship training.
How To Apply:
To apply, the following information must be submitted:
- a complete application - you may download an application that can be mailed or FAXed (see below )
- curriculum vitae
- three letters of recommendation from those persons best qualified to vouch for the character and professional qualifications of the applicant.
- one letter must be from the office of the chairman or program director of internal medicine from which the applicant has most recently been affiliated.
- please submit a list of names, titles, institution, and telephone numbers of individuals from whom you will request letters.
- a statement of your long-term career goals, your particular field of interest, and what you hope to accomplish during your fellowship
- notarized copies of applicant's transcripts for USMLE Steps 1, 2, and 3
- an unmounted recent photograph of applicant must accompany application or be provided at time of interview.
The deadline for applications is March 15.
Please contact Jamie Paul to request application matierials.
General Internal Medicine Fellowship Program
200 Hawkins Dr, SE636 GH
Iowa City, IA 52242